Sunday, 3 March 2013

Just a Little Sparkle.








Happy Sunday Hunnys! 
How are we all?
I'm feeling quite on it with my blogging this week now my projects over I'm quite pleased with myself!
Anyway, today i spent the day wishing my mum and dad away on there separate work trips, one to Ireland one to Hungary. My dad is always away however my mum not so much so whilst I'm writing this I'm sat by the phone in anticipation for a phone call making sure that shes ok! My mum is my best friend in the whole world so it really hard to be away from her, who said I'm nearly 19?
Alas after saying our goodbyes i went for a little lunch date and some food shopping with my boyfriend and then headed home and created this little beauty! 
I'm not sure if I've seen this on someone elses blog or not i kinda of hope not as i dont want to seem like copying! however i decided to do this as my brushes were just getting all mucky and messy in my makeup drawer so i thought rather than buying something id make my own! 
I received this ribbon as a little gift a long time ago and never used it i just really liked it and didn't want to ruin it but i grabbed it together with a used jam jar & a selection of clear beads I've collected over the years.
I started by placing glue dots around the wrong side of the ribbon, measuring it and then sticking it around the rim of the jar. I decided with glue dots as opposed to glue as you never know when you might want to change the ribbon or add something else so it gives the opportunity of change! Bonus of no mess to of PVA glue or anything, finally i filled it with a selection of beads i had. Obviously you could use anything depending on the style of your room, coloured beads as opposed to clear, sand- anything! 
Ideally you would have a lot more beads than i have here to hold the brushes in firmly so i think i may purchase some more this week however i think this works really well and am so pleased with the result! It was really fun and so quick and easy i think i will be doing a few more of these posts if i get good feedback! 

What do you guys think of my makeshift makeup brush stand?
Will you be giving it a go?
Have you done something like this before?

Lots of Love,
Becky
xxxxx

4 comments:

Charlotte Lewis said...

What a cute way to store your brushes :)

Be great if you could check out my latest post on my: Boohoo Global Styler #GlobalStyler entry & birthday in Manchester.

I am also running my 1st blog giveaway here where you could win MAC, Jewellery plus other goodies.

Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

FrancescaVaughan said...

This is a lovely idea! I need somewhere to keep my brushes and makeup! :)

F xx

http://thefrancescadiaries.blogspot.co.uk

Rebecca said...

Thankyou! I would love to :) il do it as soon as I'm on my computer :) xxx

Rebecca said...

Thankyou hehe definitely give it a go it was so quick and easy and looks great :) xxx