Monday, 21 January 2013

Magical Minerals.







Bare Minerals Get Started Complexion Kit- £49.00
Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara- £16.00
Bare Minerals Correction Concealer- £21.00
Bare Minerals Round The Clock Waterproof Eyeliner- £13.00


Well today see's the day of my first beauty product review, first of not many i don't expect as i am not one for creating the perfect smokey eye or the to-die-for red lip. Make-up isn't really my forte to my great disappointment! 
Personally i have never been one for make-up, don't get me wrong i love it & i love the idea of making yourself "beautiful" however having a huge makeup set and actually knowing how to use it all is something I'm not particularly pro at. However now I am going to share with you my new found love of make-up with the beauty that is Bare Minerals! As well as a little insight into my beloved dressing table. 
I recently did up my room and bought this gorgeous dressing table (all by myself) from a company called Dunelm Mill for a relatively cheap £150! I absolutely fell in love with it when i first saw it and as all the others i had seen happened to be more the £400 mark i had to buy it immediately! This definitely makes doing my hair and make-up all the more fun now definitely gives me that super princess feel to my bedroom as I have never actually had one! So here is to the magic of the mineral beauty product, during the summer i took my first ever trip to Brighton which i posted about a while back with my mum. As we were walking along the lanes it was a complete coincidence that we came across the Bare Escentuals shop as that day i was having a reaction with the eyeliner i was wearing at the time so went in looking for a new one. 
We were very kindly greeted by one of the lovely make-up professionals who was more than happy to help with what i was after, she proceeded to test the eyeliner on me and then tested the rest of the makeup, which may sound slightly sad but i literally fell in love with it! (as well as my mum which is a big deal as if she doesn't like it, i cant buy it! i don't like not having her approval hehe)
I started with the "Get Started Kit" which includes: 

-Bare Minerals Original SPF 15 Foundation
-Original Mineral Veil finishing powder
-Warmth All-Over Face Colour
-Full Flawless Face Brush
-Flawless Application Face Brush
-Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush
-How-To DVD 
-Prime Time Foundation Primer

It comes in at a relatively high price however if your one like me that loves the natural look and not the full on over the top make-up that tends to happen with liquid foundations this is absolutely perfect for you! The foundation is very clever in that it uses the "Swirl, Tap, Buff" technique creating a really light coating on top of the foundation primer however for an evening you can apply more for a much thicker and longer lasting coverage. I started with this kit however now have started to purchase the items individually to top up as i run out which does make the cost much higher (boo-hoo!) however most certainly worth the expense as its long lasting, doesn't clog up your pores and also if you wear it on a night out and then end up passing out when you get in it doesn't matter if you sleep in it! I do however wear normal high street makeup as well such as max factor, and rimmel which are also brilliant brands but as my skin is so sensitive this just works for me!

Apologies for the extremely long post! 
Lots of Love
Becky
xxxxx



8 comments:

Emma Delfosse said...

This is one of the first foundations I ever used when I started getting serious about makeup and it is pretty good! I find it works even better if I put it over a light liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer/BB cream :)
canvas-of-a-face.blogspot.com

Inês said...

Such a cute dresser/vanity :) lovely blog, following now! xx

Chloe said...

Where did you get your dressing table from? It's beautiful!xxx

http://realityleaveslotstoimagination.blogspot.co.uk/

Inês - peachycoral said...

I am in love with your vanity, so so pretty!
Great post :)
xxx

Rebecca said...

Oh that sounds like a good idea! I might have to try that to make it last a bit longer when I'm out for the night or something!! Xxx

Rebecca said...

Aw Thankyou sweet!! Xxx

Rebecca said...

I got it from a shop called dunelm mill? You can buy it online to :) I love it it's great quality! Xxx

Rebecca said...

Thanks hehe I love it to!! Xxxx